Custom built for The Robot Store and standing at a height of 46 inches, and with a base of just 18 inches in diameter, this unit is capable of throwing intensely powerful streamers up to 54 inches in length.
This coil will also arc effortlessly to the ground, a feature found in only the most efficient coils.This is all on standard 120 volt operation, straight from the wall socket. There is NO need to use a variac to obtain maximum output! Part of this coil's excellent performance can be attributed to the implementation of a synchronous rotary spark gap (SRSG), the most efficient type of spark gap there is.
The unit is built on a handsome round wooden base that has been stained to a rich red oak color and then coated with many layers of polyurethane to give a rich, protective shine.
This great combination of aesthetics, performance, reliability and relatively compact size make this an excellent coil for doing demos, on-stage productions, HV experiments or just something to have some fun with... bear in mind this coil is not a toy, and should be dealt with seriously.
With this coil you will get two 18" toroids AND a stainless steel sphere. Toroids are the toploid of choice among most Tesla coil enthusiasts as it will give you optimal performance. The toroids included will not dent like spun aluminum toroids, and were smoothed over to a practically flawless surface. Sphere toploads as not as efficient as toroids, but the 10 " stainless steel topload included will provide interesting variety to your coil's performance. A User's Manual is included with the coil, which will walk you though the easy steps to operating and tuning the coil.
Summary of Features:
- 1,000 watt, 9,000 volt 120 mA neon Franceformer power supply. Complete with control / breaker box (not shown in picture).
- 16kV .056 mfd capacitor bank of 24 of the highest quality MMC caps that Cornell Dubilier makes.
- Synchronous rotary spark gap with specially designed phase controller unit.
- Dual toroid 18" toroids, and 10" stainless sphere topload.
- Beautifully constructed wooden base in a red oak stain, coated with several layers polyurethane for a clean, lustrous surface.
- Professionally wound primary and secondary coils.
- Outstanding performance with arcs reaching 54 inches using 110-120 volt input.
- Well conceived and thoroughly tested design for efficient, reliable performance.
- Includes a concise user's guide, outlying the major components and basic operation procedures.
WARNING: TESLA COILS AND OTHER HIGH VOLTAGE DEVICES MAY PRESENT A LETHAL ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD! THESE DEVICES SHOULD ONLY BE USED OR DEMONSTRATED BY QUALIFIED TECHNICAL PERSONNEL.